Find, modify or download a world suitable to play the challenge. There's a lot of great Egyptian themed stuff out there but its certainly not required. Another easy way to keep with the theme is to use ancient Egyptian inspired names.
Each family may go to the grocery and bookstore once but after that these stores must be deleted.
Delete the school and all work buildings except: Mausoleum, Criminal warehouse, Town Hall or find a suitable world.
You may play with story progression but you must turn it off while not playing the Pharaoh/Queen.
Your Egyptian people must have access to a river or another body of water, as the Nile River Valley was a very big influence on ancient Egypt. If you make or download a world, be sure to include this. If you’re just playing one lot, create a pond.
Your Egyptian society may fish, or plant. Ovens are allowed for the upper class, since they had “Wood burning” stoves in ancient Egypt. No one may use a fridge or any other electrical appliance. Candles and fireplaces are allowed.
Playable ghosts are allowed but cannot become or contribute to heirs.
Lifespan must be set on Short or Medium because, well, people didn’t live that long.
When someone important dies, they must be given an elaborate grave adorned with flowers. The grave can be moved to a graveyard or stay on the lot.
Separation/Divorce is an option for everyone but the woman must always take the children.
Men, women and children of all ages and classes can wear makeup and jewelry.
Women and men had equal rights in ancient Egyptian society.
When asked to kill someone, you may cheat and do so in any way you choose.
The Challenge lasts 10 generations.
1. Pharaoh & family
2. Upper class: nobles and priests
3. Lower class: Farmers, Criminals, Musicians, Artists, Mausoleum Clerks
4. enslaved people (service maids and other NPCs)
1. The Pharaoh/Queen can never really let their guard down. Members of their family may try to kill them or their heirs and take over the reign of power.
* If anyone from the family wanders into the Pharaoh/Queen’s room while they are sleeping, you must assume the Pharaoh/Queen has been assassinated and kill them.
* You must also kill the Pharaoh/Queen if they have less than full Athletic skill points (they cannot fend the attacker off) and anyone in the family has a negative relationship with them (this is their killer). The murder must be committed the night after the relationship went into the red zone.
* You may choose to also have the killer assassinated as well if anyone “found out” or was in the room with them, or you may not.
* The chosen son/daughter of the Pharaoh/Queen will the new heir. If the Pharaoh/Queen died without an heir, the person with the highest relationship with the Pharaoh/Queen will take over their spot.
* The Pharaoh/Queen may choose a noble to procreate with.
* You may use the motherload cheat to give your Pharaoh/Queen an unlimited vast amount of wealth, and you may cheat to build or give them an impressive mansion. They may hire service maids, babysitters, etc. All NPCs are regarded as slaves, have no rights and may be sacrificed.
* A new Pharaoh/Queen can be given the title as early as childhood.
* Marrying someone of middle or lower class is disgraceful and cause for removal from household/family.
* The Pharaoh/Queen must hold a party/political function at least once a week to retain their position.
2. You must have at least one unrelated household of priests that live in a temple.
* Priests are not allowed to procreate but have nearly unlimited resources and power since they talk with the Gods. (motherload cheat all you want)
* When a priest dies, another person can be moved into the household to take over their spot. This person can be created via CAS, be a nobleperson or a son or daughter of the Pharaoh/Queen.
* Every Sunday one person from the Egyptian society must be sacrificed to the Gods. They must die in the temple. This person can be a NPC if you so choose.
* If you choose to sacrifice, or promise to sacrifice the first born son or daughter of a Pharaoh/Queen, you may boost their approval rating with anyone or everyone by cheating with the relationship sliders. This can help you get into a relationship, or avoid being killed by an enemy that night, but you may only do it one day and then the cheat must be turned off.
* The Priests must be invited to all parties hosted by the Pharaoh/Queen and have a good relationship with them. If a Pharaoh/Queen's relationship with a priest drops below neutral/0 the priest decides that the Gods no longer wish for the kingdom to follow this Pharaoh/Queen.and they must be killed in the temple.
Noble families also may have vast resources, including a good amount of money, service maids, babysitters, etc. Your noble family/families are basically the only people that can procreate with the Pharaoh/Queen. They can come to parties and functions that the Pharaoh/Queen holds as guests. You may choose not to really play the Noble families all that much besides how they relate to the Pharaoh/Queen. They are exempt from being sacrificed to the Gods.
***You must create one enemy noble family of the Pharaoh/Queen. In this family, you may cheat and pull the relationship slider all the way down, or you may just go through bad interactions every time. If any of the enemy family comes over to the Pharaoh/Queen’s palace, you must assume that they are there to assassinate them. The Pharaoh/Queen must then be killed.
3. Lower class people must live in squalor.
* All they can have for a house is a small hut on a patch of farmland. Use the smallest lot available.
* They must grow enough food for themselves, and give some of their crops to the Pharaoh/Queen and noble families when they need it. They must supply enough to feed everyone, so there should be at least 3 lower class/farming families.
*Lower class servants may live on the land of higher ranking classes and work to garden and make food for them their entire lives.
* They may not become friendly with the Pharaoh/Queen or nobles. They are not allowed to come to any upper-class parties or hold parties of their own. It may help to give these particular people the "loner" or other antisocial personality traits.
* All teenagers and adults must have a job of some sort, unless they are raising children or tending crops. Other career choices for lower class people include Criminal, Musician, Artist, or Mausoleum Clerk.
You lose if you cannot find another suitable heir for the Pharaoh/Queen, or you break any of the aforementioned rules.